The Old Chapel at Wrawby
This Access Statement does not contain our personal opinion as to our suitability for those with access needs but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer our guests and visitors.
For any accessibility enquiries contact – firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07467 041437
- The Old Chapel is a three storey detached house. There are five bedrooms altogether, three situated on the first floor and two situated on the second floor.
- Bookings can be made by telephone, email or in person.
- Directions to the property are provided in our arrival information sheet which is sent to all guests by email (or post if preferred) before their arrival date.
- The nearest train station is Barnetby (3 miles).
- The nearest airport is Humberside (6 miles).
- There is a bus stop outside the house and local bus timetables can be provided.
- We can organise taxis for guests with a local taxi firm who provide us with good service and rates.
Welcome, Key Collection and Car Parking
- Guests will be met at the Chapel by the owner Ross Davis.
- We provide two sets of keys for the house which are handed over at the welcome meet. We can show guests around the Chapel if required and answer any questions.
- As an alternative, if guests are arriving at unsociable hours, we have a key safe and will provide the code to guests pre-arrival.
- There is ample on-road parking around the Chapel, we ask that all guests are respectful of our neighbours and do not cause any obstructions.
- There is room for one car in the garage at the property and with the gate open, two cars can fit on the driveway which is slightly sloped but is a flat rather than gravel surface.
Entrance to the Old Chapel
- Can be accessed via driveway at the front of the property which is slightly sloped and runs from the road with no steps until the side door.
- Alternatively, the property can be accessed via small gate at the front of the property, there are three steps leading up to the porch.
- Can be accessed with a key via the front door (porch) or the side door next to the garage.
- At the kitchen side door, which leads from the driveway, there is one step into the property. There is an outdoor sensor light to the side of the door which provides illumination.
- At the front door, there is a switch-controlled light in the porch. There is one step into the porch and then a further step into the hallway.
- There are patio doors to the side of the property which are used for access to the patio from the sitting room. There are three steps down to the patio.
Halls and Stairs
- There are two full sets of stairs which are used to access the first and second floor.
- The halls and stairways are well lit by ceiling lights.
- Both sets of stairs and landings are carpeted. There are full size wooden handrails on both sets of stairs and a small and open galleried landing on the second floor which looks down onto the first floor.
- The kitchen is on the ground floor. There is an attached utility room and downstairs toilet. There are no steps between these rooms.
- Appliances in the kitchen - Dual fuel range cooker (Gas hob with electric oven), Integrated fridge freezer, Integrated dishwasher, microwave.
- There is a washing machine in the Utility Room off the kitchen.
- The flooring in the kitchen, utility room and toilet is stone.
- There is low energy spotlighting in the kitchen.
- There is a solid pine table and four chairs.
Ground floor Hallway
- Accessed via the kitchen, the front door and leads to the lounge / diner. All on one level.
- Oak Flooring with rugs that have under rug non-slip mats.
- Low energy ceiling spotlighting
- Three-seater sofa.
- Large pine storage unit containing DVDs, games, and other equipment for the use of guests.
- Set of drawers containing local attraction information and manuals / folders with information about the house / appliance instructions etc.
Lounge / Dining Room
- Solid wood flooring.
- Low energy spotlighting and wall lighting.
- Dining table with 8 chairs (can be extended to seat 10)
- Two large sofas.
- TV/DVD and Firestick for guest entertainment.
- Accessed via sitting room or from the front of the property via a wooden gate. Three steps down into the garden from the siting room.
- Garden furniture, bar b q and chimenea for guest use.
First floor bedrooms
- Accessed via staircase from ground floor.
- All bedrooms are carpeted with ceiling lighting and bedroom furniture.
- Bedroom 1 is a super king bed and has an ensuite shower and toilet room. Small step into the shower cubicle. 3 Low level arched windows which all have keys for locking.
- Bedroom 2 is a king size bed with an ensuite shower and toilet room, very slight step into shower cubicle. 2 x velux windows.
- Bedroom three has a double bed and a low level arched window with key for locking.
- Located on the first floor (accessed via staircase).
- Large bath with toilet.
- Ceiling lighting and wooden floor with bath mat for guest use.
- Low level arched window with key for locking
First floor landing
- Carpeted with old church pew seating and low energy ceiling spotlighting.
- Situated at the top of the first staircase.
- Carpeted with ceiling lighting and sofa.
- Equipped with TV and DVD and games console with lots of DVDS and Books for guest use.
Second Floor bedrooms
- Accessed via second staircase.
- Both rooms carpeted and with ceiling lighting. Both have velux style windows.
- Bedroom 4 is a twin room and bedroom 5 is a king-size room.
Second floor landing
- Carpeted galleried landing with view down to first floor. Velux window with soft chair seating.
- Patio garden accessed via wooden gate as above. Access to porch and front door from driveway requires one step up. Garage available for guest use.
- Paved walkway around the house with slate borders
- The house is strictly non-smoking (including vaping).
- Guest and tourist information folders provided.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome by arrangement but are not permitted to be on the furniture or beds and are to be restricted to the ground floor.
- Stairgates, full size cot and high chair available at the house.
- Recycling and general waste bins provided.
- Smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors fitted at the house.
- The owner lives only a very short distance away and is on hand for any assistance / enquiries if required.
Address: The Old Chapel, Chapel Lane, Wrawby, North Lincolnshire, DN20 8SB
Telephone: 07467 041437
Email: the email@example.com